Friday 27 April 2007

TO A DRAGON education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.

And other entertaining dragon quotes found here.

ANYWAY, a friend of mine got me a ticket to see Dragonforce coming May 20th. Since I have not heard their songs before, I was happy that Inhuman Rampage, their new album came 'free' with the ticket and also not forgetting a poster which is right now lying under my bed. Sadly Inhuman Rampage did not hold my attention for long and I had to pop in Slayer to get back to reality.

A long time ago , some human beings and the Internet told me that Dragonforce sucked performing live so I checked Youtube to see if this was true. Hmmm, looks like Dragonforce better clean up their act before they find out that Singaporeans can scold vulgarities in many different languages.

I have always been fascinated by the cover of Show No Mercy. No matter how cartoony the Devil is drawn, it will always piss and frighten religious dudes.



I decided to draw a fanart based on that cover. Before I show you the final picture, let me frighten you with this image which I sketched and outlined before scanning.
Not really the final image but it's aroung 85% done?

Edit 28.04.07 version 2:



I think I somehow failed with this art as it looks cartoony and less intimidating as the original. Oh well. Anyway I made another version which I can print and slide over the original cover. I had no idea I was so vain.



By the way, here are some interesting font websites I found while looking for the Slayer font.

band font site 1
band font site 2

movie/band/video games/ other shit font

No comments: